Is it me, or is it something resulting from this very long primary process that is'nt being discussed but is rather obvious to this writer. And it begs the question.
Is there something inherently wrong with Hillary Clinton ?
Now, I'm not talking politics here, or her views, use or even misuse of the American female political position. No, what I'm referring to and giving me cause for concern is her mental stability or what appears to be a lack thereof. I'm going to attempt to be as clinical about this as possible, but make no mistake, I am no clinician and hold no degrees in the sciences or study of the human psyche. I am a professional writer who by the nature of my profession makes it a point to observe and pay close attention. So I advise that you do the same or you just might miss this, if you have'nt already.
Early in the campaign when it was apparent that Obama was much more eloquent on the stump and his campaign extolling Hope was hitting its mark, Hillary employed a tactic that basically spoke against the virtues of hope itself. Now that was beyond stupid, there was just something intrinsically spiritually disheartening about her response. It was downright crazy.
Then there was the nearly crying episode, tearing up on cue when polls showed she needed to show more emotion. The last time a candidate teared up on the campaign trail he was ridiculed right out of the race.
She allowed her campaign to be derailed by the astute use of democratic party rules in which she and her husband has practically led for nearly two decades.
When she insisted more than once that she had landed in Bosnia under sniper fire, a story that was patently and verifiably false, you had to wonder, what was she thinking? At that time I began to entertain the idea that perhaps Hillary was simply delusional. It would explain why she would lie(I meant to say misspoke) about something so easily fact-checked.
I couldn't understand for the life of me what she meant when she justified staying in the race, "Because you never know what could happen!" Until of course, she began to explain what could happen when she began to repeatedly refer to the assasination of Robert F. Kennedy
during the primary campaign of '68. Was she infering that Barack Obama could be assasinated before the end of the primary season? Now I have heard about Hillary's penchant for dirty tricks and black-ops but this was beyond the pale.
Hillary's campaign seems to be marked by delusion and desperation.
I keep replaying the Katie Couric interview in my head, it was apparent to me then that Hillary could be heading for trouble. When Couric asked, "What happens if you lose?" " I won't lose," Hillary replied. "But what if you do?" "I won't" said Hillary. This went on for a time. It was obvious that Mrs. Clinton had'nt even entertained the possibility of losing. Which prevented her from having to develope a plan B.
I bet she has a Plan B now?
S. Bradley
Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment